Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Last Day in Jerusalem

I'm standing in a ritual bath next to the temple steps of Jesus' day. Most think that it was in these baths that the 3000 of Pentecost were baptized. Pretty cool to imagine the scene happening in that actual spot. Also we took a tour that traced the steps of Jesus from the high priest's palace to Pilate's palace to the cross and the tomb. Humbling to trace these steps of Jesus.
We leave tonight at 1 am to catch a flight at 5:30m. This trip has been beyond words in terms of what I've experienced and learned. In Jerusalem I've only begun to get a handle on the land which is so central to the working out of god's saving plan. But I am so much richer for having had this experience. I'm sorry I haven't been able to share more...we've been hindered a bit by the failure of wifi at the hotel in Jerusalem but I hope the few pics I posted helped tell some of the story. I look forward to sharing more of my trip soon with any who may be interested. Thanks for following along!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment